The Province of BC announced its 2019 Budget yesterday. The CleanBC Backgrounder Table on the 2019 Budget provides a clear summary of funding that will support provincial climate change initiatives. Read the two-page overview document here. Some key highlights for communities are included below:
- $92 million for zero emission vehicles (e.g. Level 2 stations, DCFC stations, vehicle incentives, and public outreach)
- $41 million for heat pumps and building retrofit incentives
- $40 million for public housing for energy efficiency
- $18 million for remote communities, including First Nations, to shift from diesel to cleaner energy sources
- 1 million for organic waste diversion programs
To learn more about the 2019 budget and download budget documents, please visit the Province of BC website.