Community Energy Association is the only non-profit in British Columbia working at the community level to address climate change. All our income goes back into the communities we support, and allows us to research and develop science-based solutions to save energy and emissions. CEA is incorporated under the Societies Act of BC with CRA Charitable status and is strictly non-partisan.
As a non-profit consultant, all proceeds from our work go back into advancing solutions for community climate action. Donating to CEA allows us to develop projects that otherwise wouldn't have been possible. The following is a list of projects and initiatives that have been funded internally using proceeds from donations, membership fees and consulting services proceeds:
- Supporting member meetings where members can learn from each other and other relevant organizations. At each quarterly meeting members benefit from guest presentations on relevant topics.
- Presentations and guest lectures for partners and local governments
- Referral services for local governments to resources and information
- Initial development of content and curriculum for the BCIT Certificate in Community Energy Management was funded by CEA
- In progress - CEA is developing an online CEEP self-service tool which will be free to access by local governments
Donate now to CEA and join us in our pursuit of global emission reductions through bold local climate action.