The Mid-Island EV Network is a community-driven, collaborative program building a Level 2 electric vehicle (EV) charging network across Central Vancouver Island, BC. It is a multi-year initiative including nine Owners, the Province of BC and the Government of Canada. The project, facilitated by the Community Energy Association, will create a Level 2 EVSE charging station network that enhances existing connectivity across Mid-Island.
The partnership developed between Mid-Island communities demonstrates collaborative leadership on addressing greenhouse gas emissions from transportation while supporting economic development and enhancing tourism opportunities.
The initiative is proudly supported by funding partners who share the clean transportation vision: The Province of BC, the participating communities and the Government of Canada.
This region-wide EV initiative is a unique opportunity to build an effective network and represents a major infrastructure investment in Central Vancouver Island. Furthermore, it will substantively:
- Increase tourism by electric vehicle drivers to the region
- Address the gap of Level 2 EVSE in the region
- Facilitate the transition to low-emission vehicle ownership locally
- Support market transformation of vehicle purchases
- Reduce community-wide greenhouse gas emissions.