The Community Energy Association is available to provide free support to local governments, indigenous communities, and other stakeholders who are interested in applying for grants from the CleanBC Communities Fund (CCF). CEA can assist with completing the preliminary GHG mitigation calculation and assessment.
The CleanBC Communities Fund supports the CleanBC Plan that was released in December 2018. The CCF funds public infrastructure projects in BC communities that reduce greenhouse gas emissions through one of four outcomes:
- Supporting the management of renewable energy
- Enhancing access to clean energy transportation
- Improving energy efficiency of buildings
- Increasing generation of clean energy
How much funding is available for each project?
- Up to 73.33% of eligible costs for local governments
- Up to 90% for Indigenous communities (75% on reserve and 90% off reserve)
- Up to 65% for Not-for-profits and 40% for for-profit organizations, although they must collaborate with at least one indigenous or local government to be eligible.
- No limit to funding, although additional requirements are needed for projects over $10 million or sole-sourced projects of $25,000 and above
The deadline for submitting grant applications is March 27, 2019, 11:59 PST. Applicants must have a Business BCeID in place by March 6 to apply for a CCF grant. For more info on the CCF, consult the CleanBC Communities Fund website to download a copy of the program guide.
If you are interested in applying and would like CEA’s assistance with the GHG assessment for your project, please contact Greg Dong at email@example.com or at 604-628-7076.